- Attic: Pull-down stairs must extend fully for safe use and “scuttle” (hatch) style accesses must have ample space below to properly locate a ladder.
- HVAC System: Outside unit should be clear of debris. Inside unit should be fully accessible. Wall and/or ceiling return grills should not be obstructed.
- Electrical System: main breaker panel and any sub-panels must NOT be obstructed. The inspector has to remove the front cover to complete a proper inspection. Electrical receptacles in “wet” areas (Exterior, garage, kitchen and baths) should not be obstructed by appliances or debris.
- Plumbing System: Clear access to water heater and under sinks will be needed as these areas are all part of a home inspection.
- Structure: All windows and doors (including garage) should be able to be operated through their full range of motion for proper inspection.
Tepee Inspections prefers that a home inspection be as non-invasive as possible and wishes to thank you in advance for complying as much as possible with the points listed above.